With the issue of problem gambling being a constant concern, especially in areas with liberal gambling laws like the United Kingdom, many organisations have started offering help to players affected by gambling addiction. One such organisation is GamCare, an independent charity where people with gambling problems can turn to for free advice and support.
GamCare is usually associated with UK casinos, which are generally legit. Still, if you happen to find some non UK casinos that don’t have a GamCare certificate, that won’t automatically mean that you’re playing on a rogue or scam website.
That said, we have prepared a list of top-rated non-GamCare casino operators welcoming UK players.
Best Online Casinos Not on GamCare in 2024
We have spent hours scanning and comparing hundreds of non-GamCare casinos to find ones that truly stand out in terms of safety, game selection, bonuses, banking and other essential aspects. Feel free to give them a try.
What Is GamCare?
GamCare is a gambling mental health charity. It was established in 1997 in an effort to prevent the rising issues of problem gambling in the United Kingdom. The organisation provides both online and face-to-face help to gamblers and people who are in a way affected by the gambling habits of their friends and family members.
Most UK online casinos offer direct links to GamCare. In turn, this gives them a good reputation and a sense of legitimacy.
The vital thing to note here is that GamCare is not the same as GamStop, even though these two organisations are commonly confused with each other. Nevertheless, because most UK casinos are tied to both GamCare and GamStop, those searching for non-GamCare casino sites will consequently be looking for non GamStop casinos as well.
The main difference between the two is that GamCare merely offers help in the form of communication, while GamStop provides solutions on how to block gambling sites.
What Constitutes a Non GamCare Casino?
Simply put, a non-GamCare casino is an online casino that doesn’t have any ties with the GamCare organisation.
In the UK, all licensed gambling operators must be in line with the Safer Gambling Standard, a quality standard that estimates the level of protection a casino or betting operator offers to its players concerning gambling-related issues.
Since foreign casinos aren’t required to meet these standards, they are usually not connected to GamCare or similar organisations.
Pros and Cons of Non GamCare Casinos
Now that we have explained what GamCare is, it is time to answer the question of why you should search for a non-GamCare casino in the first place. To do this, we prepared a list of pros and cons.
Advantages of Non GameCare Online Casinos
- Accepting credit cards — Credit card casinos were banned in the UK a few years back, yet many people still prefer cards for making deposits and withdrawals due to their convenience. Luckily, most casinos not associated with GamCare still allow the use of credit cards. However, if you plan to use cards to play on online casinos, you need to ask yourself the following two questions: does gambling affect credit score and will your bank block transactions made in and out of gambling sites?
- Better bonuses — We’ve found that online casinos not tied with GamCare tend to offer much better bonuses. While playing on these sites, you can run into a free bonus on registration or a matched deposit bonus that is way bigger compared to that offered by any UK casino site.
- Less complex registration procedures — With GamCare casinos, you will have to go through the standard KYC procedures, where you’ll have to share a lot of your personal details to prove your identity. While we know this is important, these procedures are long and annoying. The whole process of registering and beginning to play on non-GamCare sites is much easier.
Drawbacks of Playing on a Non-GamCare Gambling Site
- Not always licensed — Being accredited by GamCare means that a casino is fully licensed by the UKGC. On the other hand, a non-GamCare casino can be licensed by shady organisations or not licensed at all; which is undoubtedly a significant concern.
- Lack of provably fair games — Even though the number of slots not on GamStop is far greater than those in UK-certified casinos; these games are not always fair and come from lesser-known software providers that don’t have a great track record of making slots with a true RNG.
- Potentially long withdrawal times — Withdrawals in casinos associated with GamCare take between 24 and 72 hours, depending on the casino’s rules and the payment method in question. While this is not exactly quick, some non-UK casinos are known to withhold players’ winnings for weeks or even months.
While non-GamCare casinos have their shortcomings, we managed to find a few worth playing on. Some even come with better features than those associated with GamCare.