If you’ve ever been bothered by strict online gambling rules imposed by UKGC casinos, it’s time to forget about them and open up for a completely different online gambling journey. There are many Non UK casinos that accept UK players with open arms and offer many reasons to join them.
In non-UK online casino hubs, you can use your credit cards to complete transactions without going through a daunting verification process. No one will initiate any credit checks, and the sites are created to provide uninterrupted gameplay, thanks to the Autoplay button and no time delay between rounds.
In this article, you’ll find out everything there is to know about international gambling sites. We’ll teach you how to recognize them and tell you more about their games, bonuses, payment methods, and many other things relevant for your online gambling journey outside the UK.
Top-Rated Non UK Casino Sites
If you’ve been on the lookout for top-rated sites operating outside the UK, you can end the search right now. We’ve taken this daunting task upon ourselves and explored the web to bring you the best online casinos that operate outside the United Kingdom.
What Constitutes a Non UK Based Online Casino?
The term non-UK based gaming site is pretty self-explanatory. This is a site that has nothing to do with the United Kingdom Gambling Commission. Instead, such a casino is licensed and regulated by gambling jurisdictions from other parts of the world, which means it doesn’t have to operate according to UKGC rules.
Casinos that are considered non-UK are sites licensed in any European jurisdiction apart from the United Kingdom, USA casinos that accept UK players, or independent casinos that don’t report to any regulating body.
Is there a UKGC Casino Not on Gamstop?
Gamstop is one of the best-known self-exclusion schemes in the UK put in motion by the UKGC. All casinos based and licensed in the UK have to be a part of Gamstop. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be able to obtain or keep their UKGC licences.
In other words, you won’t find a UK gambling site that offers games not on Gamstop, including both desktop and mobile online casinos and sportsbooks.
Are Non UK Licensed Casinos Safe?
A casino’s safety and security are determined by a couple of other factors apart from its licence. To create a safe online gaming environment, every online gambling operator must put in place cutting-edge security measures designed to protect players’ sensitive data and transaction details.
For this purpose, online casinos usually use the latest firewalls and advanced SSL encryption technology, both of which are now the global industry standard. In addition, casino sites keep you safe by imposing verification procedures, two-factor authentication, and various time and transaction limits.
Finally, not being overseen by the UKGC doesn’t mean that a casino operates without a licence whatsoever. Many other jurisdictions issue licences for casino sites, and many of them enjoy an excellent reputation in the online gambling industry.
Trusted Non UK Registered Casinos
Players looking for casinos registered outside the UK can pick and choose between a plethora of available options. Numerous online gaming jurisdictions represent a great alternative to the UKGC, and below, you can get acquainted with the most trusted ones:
- Malta — Malta casinos not on Gamstop are a common choice among players around the world, since the MGA has a great reputation to uphold. Still, casinos licensed by the MGA rarely accept UK players, so if you find the one that does, consider that your lucky day.
- Panama — Panama is a rather small online gaming jurisdiction that’s been in business since 2002. The country is gambling-friendly and its government doesn’t interfere much when it comes to issuing casino licences, which is why Panama has become home to many online casino venues.
- Curacao — Online gaming operators who want to get a licence quickly often turn to Curacao to get it. That’s why you can easily avoid the UKGC sites and play your favourite games in any of the fully regulated Curacao casinos online.
How We Assess Non UK Regulated Casino Sites?
Our assessment team counts more than enough casino experts who’ve worked in the iGaming industry for years and played casino games themselves. They’ve compiled all their knowledge and experience into a step-by-step checklist they now use to scrutinise both veteran and new online casinos not on Gamstop and hand-pick only crème de la crème platforms.
Licensing and Security
We open our casino assessment with an investigation about the casino’s legitimacy. Since we’re trying to find sites that aren’t tied to Gamstop, any casino with the UKGC licence is out of the question.
However, this doesn’t narrow down our search since there are many sites based on different continents, European casinos not on Gamstop licensed by reputable online gaming jurisdictions other than the UKGC, and independent gaming sites operating entirely on their own.
As security goes hand in hand with legality, we also check the casino’s protective measures to determine whether or not players’ private information will be well-guarded at all times.
The most important aspect of every online casino is the game portfolio, which is why we pay special attention to it every time we write UK online casino reviews. First, we check what game types the casino offers and always grade better those that feature both RNG and live dealer options. Of course, slots, jackpots are a must, while bingo and speciality games add a few bonus points.
Then, we look over the list of software providers the casino works with. The list should be composed of both chief game developers and content-creating rising stars, as combining the two types makes for the best game libraries.
As a final touch, we skim through the categories with new and hot titles to ensure that the casino respects evergreen releases but also keeps up with the latest trends.
Selection of Bonuses
Players often make the mistake of picking a casino based on the size of its bonus offer. While we won’t deny the importance of a bonus’ size, we look into a few other things regarding promotional offers.
One of the crucial points to consider is the variety of bonuses. A casino shouldn’t only focus on a welcome offer designed to attract players. Promotions reserved for regular users are also necessary, and so are loyalty schemes that motivate customers to stay active on the platform.
Bonus terms and conditions represent another side of the coin that requires a thorough investigation. Wagering requirements, minimum deposit, maximum cashout, and game availability are only some of the things to consider when separating average bonuses from the truly generous ones.
User Experience and Mobile Gaming
We live in a modern world that keeps us on the move for the biggest part of our day. For this reason, online casinos had to adjust and launch mobile versions of their platforms. Some went a step further and created standalone apps to bring games even closer to players.
Naturally, to stand out, these mobile casinos must offer the same options as their desktop counterparts, including games, bonuses, payment options, and more. Unfortunately, you won’t find a Pay by Phone casino not on Gamstop, but you will be able to fund your account through a mobile device using Pay by Phone alternatives, such as credit cards.
Also, a casino must be user-friendly and feature an intuitive layout that doesn’t confuse the gaming experience. All vital casino aspects should be visible, and there should be no glitches that slow down or completely freeze gaming sessions.
While you may get a free tryout in casinos offering demo games and no deposit bonuses, you won’t be able to play with real money before you make a deposit. This is when you realise how important the banking page is and why our team analyses it thoroughly.
An online casino worth your time and money should support transactions through a wide array of payment methods, and non UK casinos often go the extra mile in this aspect. When reviewing a casino’s deposit options, we look for credit and debit cards, e-wallets, prepaid cards, and even cryptocurrencies.
Casinos should offer many options for withdrawals and pay special attention to the minimum and maximum transaction limits so that players can fund their accounts and cash out their winnings in a single transaction, no matter how big or small.
If anything goes wrong during your online gaming session, the least a casino can do is assign a competent team to help you out. A 24/7 live chat is the preferable option for instant fixes, while any additional way of getting in touch with customer support is highly appreciated.
This can be email or phone support, a social media account, or a resourceful FAQ page that answers the most common questions regarding the casino account, bonuses, payments, and more.
Pros and Cons of Playing in a Non UK Registered Casino
Online casinos operating outside of the UK offer many reasons to join them and level up your online gambling experience. Here are the main advantages of these offshore casino sites:
- Easy and fast registration — Without the UKGC requesting that you share a plethora of personal details, registration in an online casino becomes a piece of cake.
- Better bonuses — Casinos licensed in jurisdictions other than the UK almost always feature more diverse and generous bonuses and promotions than UK sites.
- A broader selection of games — While UK casino operators often split hairs and only offer games from a limited number of game developers, offshore casinos go for variety and work with numerous software providers. This results in a more extensive and more versatile game portfolio that can satisfy even the pickiest players.
- Credit cards accepted — All casinos operating independently from the UKGC don’t have to respect the credit card ban. This means that UK players can use their credit cards for deposits and withdrawals in these casinos, along with a long list of other payment options like e-wallets, prepaid vouchers, and cryptocurrencies.
- Self-exclusion is a choice — Casinos not licensed by the UKGC are, at the same time, casinos not on Gamstop, so they won’t prevent you from playing your favourite games if you’ve previously enrolled in this self-exclusion service. However, they do have proprietary self-exclusion options you can go for if you feel the need for them.
Before you jump to the conclusion that casinos operating out of the UK are perfect, here are a few downsides to take into consideration:
- You won’t be protected by the UKGC — When you play games in a casino licensed by the UKGC, you know who to turn to for help if something goes wrong. If you decide to avoid UKGC sites, this regulatory body won’t be able to assist you in times of need.
- GBP transactions aren’t always possible — Even though some offshore sites accept many currencies, including GBP, this isn’t the case with all of them, meaning you’ll have to convert money and probably lose a bit of it due to conversion fees.
- Beware of scam sites — It’s not that uncommon for a non-UK operator to obtain a fake licence, offer fake games or avoid paying out players’ winnings. Before you pick a casino that doesn’t hold a UK online gambling permit, make sure it’s not a scam site that will take your money and then shut its virtual doors forever.
Types of Games You Can Find in Non UK Casino Sites
The quality of your gaming session will be significantly increased on sites that operate in non-UK jurisdictions. Although the game types below are probably all familiar to you, bear in mind that non-UK sites will give you access to more game titles than you can imagine and offer games from providers that usually don’t get a spot in UK-based casinos.
Slots are the most visited online casino categories on almost every gambling site. Yet, operators don’t expand their slot selections too far in the UK as they have many UKGC rules to follow. One of the recently added rules UK casinos adopted includes the ban of quick spin and autoplay features on their video slot titles.
On the other hand, sites outside the UK don’t have any silly rules to follow, meaning that the autoplay and quick spin features are still available. Moreover, non-UK gambling websites offer slots not on Gamstop, so you won’t have to worry about the operator cutting you off based on a Gamstop subscription.
If you’re more into games that require some skill, you’ll find many of them in casinos unrelated to the UK. From basic versions of blackjack, roulette, poker, baccarat, and craps, to lucky wheels and unique dice games, non-UK gambling platforms have it all.
Live Dealer Games
If you’re up for a more engaging online gaming experience, set aside the RNG games and dive right into the live dealer section. All roulette, blackjack, poker, baccarat, and other casino games look much better in a live casino as you have the real dealer on the other side leading the gameplay.
These games will make you feel like you’re in a brick-and-mortar gambling venue even though you’re comfortably seated on your living room sofa. Furthermore, non-UK operators allow you to use your credit card for funding your live casino account, while UK ones deprive you of that privilege.
Apart from highly requested games like slots, table games, and live dealer titles, casinos based outside the UK offer other attractive games. A frequent option is bingo, which comes in several variants, followed by colourful scratch cards featuring interesting themes and fantastic design.
Bonuses You Can Claim in Casinos Not Registered in UK
One of the most significant differences between non-UK and UK casinos lies in their promotional lineups. Not only are bonuses bigger on non-UK platforms, but they also come with less strict bonus terms and conditions.
The promotions start with a hefty welcome offer and end with a motivating loyalty programme, with all the deals for existing players being available in between. Naturally, we always focus on finding the most enticing deals, which is why you’ll undoubtedly find the best casino bonus 2024 in casinos featured on our page.
A sign-up offer is a welcome promotion that can only be claimed by new players upon joining a site. This bonus can come in different shapes and sizes and go up to thousands of pounds or include hundreds of free spins. Here are the most common offers:
- Match deposit bonus — To claim a match deposit offer, you have to make a qualifying payment after signing up. The offers in most casinos including the UK ones start from a 100% match bonus, while the non-UK casino websites offer match deals worth 300%, 400%, 500%, and up to an enormous 800%.
- Free spins — Free spins are another frequent gift for new customers in online casinos. Many UK casino sites offer dozens of free spins for new joiners, but if you go for a non-UK operator, you can receive up to a few hundred spins.
- No deposit bonus — Unlike match deposit bonuses and free spins, no deposit bonuses are treats that come absolutely free of charge. Casinos outside the UK frequently give out dozens of no deposit spins for players who open an account and start playing their games.
After you claim and use up the welcome offer, you won’t be a novice in that casino anymore. Your status will be upgraded, unlocking a significant number of other online casino promotions:
- Cashback — A cashback is a promotion designed to give you a part of your wagered money if you happen to lose it all. Non-UK online gambling hubs usually offer cashback between 10% or 20% of wagers placed during a specific period like the weekend.
- Reload bonus — A reload is the same as the match deposit bonus but reserved for existing casino players. The operator will match your deposit up to a certain percentage and boost your account with bonus funds, but don’t expect this promotion to be as lucrative as the welcome one.
- Refer-a-friend bonus — If any of your friends from the UK need a hand on how to get around Gamstop, you can refer them to any of the websites featured on this page, as they all operate outside the country. What is more, if the casino they choose has a refer-a-friend bonus, you can benefit from their registration and get around 50% bonus funds based on their first deposit.
- Slot tournaments — Slot tournaments have become popular among casino players due to the popularity of this game type. Enrol in a contest, and you can win huge prizes if you end up among the top players on non-UK sites.
- Rebate — A rebate is a bonus similar to a cashback offer — it gives you back a certain percentage of your wager. Casinos out of the UK offer rebate between 0.2% and 0.8%.
A loyalty program is the highlight of every casino’s Promo page. It includes perks accessible only to the most loyal players who regularly spend their time and money on the site. Loyalty schemes are usually much more rewarding on non-UK gambling sites because these operators don’t have to pay huge fees imposed by the UKGC.
The ability to spend less on fees and keep more to themselves allows operators outside the UK to offer better perks to their faithful patrons.
Getting the best out of a casino loyalty programme is very simple — the more you play, the better the rewards. Your activity on the site can help you win fabulous prizes, including bigger bonuses, better transaction limits, birthday gifts, a personal account manager, and more.
How to Deposit in Non UKGC Licensed Casinos
UK players often worry about available payment methods and the safety of their transactions in casinos not licensed by the UKGC. If you’re one of those players, don’t lose any sleep over it since non-UK gambling sites offer even better options for funding your account and withdrawing your winnings.
Credit and Debit Cards
In 2020, the UKGC banned credit card online casinos to protect UK players from overspending and developing a gambling problem. Since the ban came into effect, you could no longer make a deposit using your credit card in any UKGC online casino. Luckily, casinos operating outside the UK accept players from this country as well as their credit card deposits.
E-wallets are growing more popular in online gambling circles day by day, and players gladly use them since they act as a middleman between the site and the player. Famous e-wallets like Skrill and Neteller allow both casino deposits and withdrawals, but unfortunately aren’t offered on non-UK casino pages we picked. Nevertheless, a worthy replacement available on these sites is Neosurf that allows completely anonymous online casino deposits.
If you are concerned about the safety of your sensitive data, prepaid vouchers are a great option as they allow you to make a deposit without giving out your bank account or card details. The most popular voucher in non-UK casinos is Neosurf, and you can get it in retail shops or on the web. The only downside of these vouchers is that you can’t use them for withdrawals, meaning you’ll have to choose an alternative payment method at cashout.
PayPal is a forerunner of modern e-wallets and one of the most popular online payment systems used worldwide. Yet, one of the things that define this payment provider is its connection to casinos licensed by reputable online gaming jurisdictions. For this reason, it’s highly unlikely that you’ll find PayPal casinos not on Gamstop, which is why you should give chance to other options like non-UK credit card casino sites.
Cryptocurrencies are the latest hype in the online gambling industry due to their many advantages. Sadly, UK gambling sites aren’t that fond of the new technology. Therefore, if you want to use digital coins to make payments, you should visit some of the top rated non-UK cryptocurrency casinos.
Bitcoin is still the main option supported by many casino sites, while other coins slowly join the picture. Also, there are now many non-UK crypto-exclusive platforms that only accept cryptocurrency payments.
Wire transfer is still offered as a payment method in most online casinos since old-school players don’t like experimenting with modern banking options. Although it allows high limits and guarantees security, this method is known for long withdrawal times and high transaction fees, which some players consider a severe downside.
Where Can You Find a Non UK Regulated Casino
A casino not regulated by the UKGC can come from any place around the world except the United Kingdom. Today, we have many overseas casinos accepting UK players, with Curacao leading the pack. In addition, many Central American countries issue licences for online casinos, such as Panama, Antigua, Costa Rica, and others.
If you’re more interested in a casino that supports a global approach to online gambling, then a crypto site should be your choice. Cryptocurrencies are now present in almost every part of the planet, which is why casinos see them as a great option to connect to players from any country.
Finally, you can create an account in any of the independent online casinos available online and play your favourite games away from the UKGC’s prying eyes. These casinos aren’t licensed by any particular online gaming jurisdiction and are thus free to operate according to their own rules and regulations.
Useful Tips and Tricks for Playing in Non UK Casinos
Do you have trouble picking the best casino site that’s not licensed by the UKGC? If the answer is yes, here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the right choice:
- Find trustworthy recommendations — Nowadays, online casinos spring up daily, and you can never know which one is worth your while. That’s why you should turn to reliable sources for a recommendation, such as our list of top-rated non-UK gambling sites.
- Read reviews — Online casino reviews are a great source of information about gambling sites. Reading them can help you separate the wheat from the chaff and only spend time in prime online casinos.
- Go through casino terms and conditions — When you find an online casino that seems to have everything you need, always go through its terms and conditions with the utmost care. There you can discover whether the casino has hidden some tiny details that can, later on, be used against you.
- Trust other players’ experience — We always ask for other players’ opinions when reviewing an online casino, and so should you. If you see that many of your fellow gambling fans advise you to steer clear of it, you should probably listen to them and look for another online gambling hub.