American Express is one of the most popular credit cards in the world. It is used by numerous UK casino players. Unfortunately, the UKGC online gambling sites don’t let their clients use American Express or any other credit card for their transactions.
Nevertheless, there are many AmEx casinos outside of the UKGC’s reach, and you can find out all about them if you keep reading.
Top AmEx Casinos in the UK in 2023
When it comes to online casinos that accept American Express, UK players have many options. However, these options mainly include sites based outside the UK. To help you find the top-rated ones, we left no stone unturned and conducted the best casino sites reviews.
Why Aren’t the UKGC Casinos Accepting AmEx?
In 2019, during the annual online gambling review, the United Kingdom Gambling Commission realised that 22% of players who use credit cards to fund their online casino accounts couldn’t control their gambling habits.
Consequently, the UKGC banned the use of credit cards for online gambling transactions. The ban became effective in April 2020, and from that moment on, you couldn’t find any credit cards, including AmEx, among banking options in any UKGC online casino.
Although the ban served its purpose and helped players affected by online gambling, this move wasn’t exactly appreciated by those who didn’t have a gambling problem. Luckily, numerous non UK casinos still accept AmEx transactions made by UK players.
How We Rank Online Casinos That Accept AmEx
There are many online casinos where you can use your AmEx card, but not all of them offer the same quality of service. To separate the wheat from the chaff, our team of experts evaluated AmEx casino sites based on several different aspects:
- Safety and security — All casinos we stand by must provide a safe gambling environment and secure AmEx transactions.
- Ease of use — A good casino shouldn’t bother players with a complicated sign-up procedure, bonus activation, etc.
- Game library — Apart from accepting AmEx, online casinos should offer an extensive list of high-quality games.
- Bonuses and promotions — Bonuses and promotions should be available to online casino players who use AmEx. Check out our casino selection, and you’ll find the best casino bonus 2023 in no time.
- Mobile casino — If the website doesn’t allow gambling on the go, you should avoid it.
- Customer support — Even though the AmEx gambling operators that tick all of the boxes above most likely won’t let you down, it’s good to know that someone will have your back if you ever need any help.
How to Conduct Payments in Online Casinos That Accept American Express
If you want to use your credit card for online casino payments, you’ll have to do it in non Gamstop casinos that aren’t on the UKGC’s radar. To get started, follow the steps below:
- Go through our list of online casinos that accept American Express and choose the one that suits your needs.
- Sign up and log in to your casino account.
- Find the Cashier section and hit the Deposit tab.
- Select American Express from the list of available payment methods.
- Enter the deposit amount, credit card number, CVV2 code, and other required details.
- Confirm the transaction, and the money should be in your online casino account within minutes.
To request a withdrawal, you just need to repeat these steps:
- Visit the Cashier — only this time, click on the Withdrawal button.
- Enter the amount you’d like to cash out and provide the required information.
- Confirm the withdrawal and wait for your winnings to arrive.
Pros and Cons of Online Casinos That Take American Express
There are many reasons why you should play games on American Express gambling sites. Here are a few most notable ones:
- American Express gambling platforms ensure safe and secure money transactions at all times.
- Both deposit and withdrawal procedures are simple and take only a few minutes.
- You will get to play outstanding casino games not on Gamstop and use your favourite payment method.
- You can use the cash advance option and fund your online casino account even when you don’t have enough money on your AmEx card.
- AmEx deposits are never excluded from casino bonuses and promotions.
Yet, before you jump to the conclusion that casinos accepting AmEx are perfect, you should note these drawbacks:
- Credit card withdrawals usually take longer compared to cashouts via e-wallets, cryptos, and other payment methods.
- If you can’t control your online gambling habits, you can end up with a big debt on your AmEx card.