Credit cards have always been a popular payment method among UK casino players, and for a good reason. This banking option allows users to make fast and secure casino transactions, incurs no fees, and enables the use of multiple currencies, among other benefits.
However, with the recent UKGC ban on credit cards, casino fans can no longer use this method of funding their account and requesting withdrawals. Luckily, we’ve found top-grade non-UK casinos that don’t fall under the jurisdiction of the UKGC and are thus able to offer credit card payments.
We’ve reviewed these operators and compiled a list of the best credit card online casinos for UK players. Read on!
Top Online Casinos That Accept Credit Cards UK
Knowing how popular credit cards are for casino payments among the Brits, our team of gambling experts has taken on the task of finding online casinos that accept credit cards UK players can play in. We’ve used our rigorous assessment system to single out only reputable, trustworthy and secure operators with the best gaming portfolios, bonuses, and payment systems.
Short Note About the UKGC Credit Card Ban
When, in January 2020, the United Kingdom Gambling Commission announced a nationwide ban on credit card use for casino transactions, many players were dismayed and confused. The decision came as a result of UKGC’s review of online gambling in 2019 when it was discovered that 22% of casino players who use credit cards for gambling are adversely affected by the pastime.
In an effort to protect the vulnerable group of players and help prevent them from gambling with money they don’t have, the Commission started implementing the credit card ban in April 2020. While the reasons behind such a decision seem entirely justified, this has become an inconvenience for many players who don’t have gambling problems and would like to continue using their credit cards for casino payments.
Fortunately, thanks to online casinos that accept credit cards, UK players can continue using their preferred casino payment method.
How to Reach Credit Card Casinos while in the UK
The good news for all UK players looking to continue gambling with credit card is that they can register on offshore gambling platforms that accept UK players. These casinos can still allow their customers to use credit cards for deposits and withdrawals since the UKGC does not regulate them and thus don’t have to follow its rules.
Moreover, reaching credit card online casinos while in the UK is very straightforward. These gambling platforms operate from offshore locations in Europe, Curacao, Panama, or Malta, but they accept UK players without problems. All you need to do is choose a casino from our list, click on the link next to it, and it will lead you to the casino’s website, where you can register, deposit, and play casino games not on Gamstop.
How We Rate UK Credit Card Casino Sites
We pride ourselves on providing long-standing, trustworthy content to our readers. For this reason, we work hard to do the best casino sites reviews based on thorough research and careful assessment of gambling operators. To achieve that, we evaluated every credit card casino on this list against the criteria listed below.
- Licencing and regulation — It is a common misconception among players that non Gamstop casinos are not legit operators. The slot sites that accept credit cards on our list all have valid operating licences issued by some of the leading licencing authorities, such as Curacao, Panama, or the MGA.
- Safety and security — Another crucial factor to consider while reviewing a credit card casino is whether it employs the necessary security measures to protect user data and money transactions. We only recommend operators that use state-of-the-art SSL encryption and additional security protocols.
- Low limitations — Players looking for online casinos that accept credit cards want to find a way to bypass the many strict limitations imposed by the UKGC. The platforms we recommend allow for much more freedom regarding transaction limits, payment methods, and more.
- Gaming portfolio — One of the most attractive features of any online casino is its collection of games. Therefore, we pick credit card online casinos with diverse gaming libraries consisting of high-quality titles.
- Bonuses and promotions — The lengths to which an online casino is ready to go to reward and incentivize its players says a lot about the quality of its service. The operators featured on this page offer competitive bonuses and promotions that boost their players’ bankrolls.
Guide to Using Credit Card for Gambling Online
One of the main reasons credit cards are so popular for online casino payments is their convenience and ease of use. In the following sections, you’ll see how you can use this banking option to make casino deposits and withdrawals.
Making Casino Deposits Using Credit Cards
Topping up your casino account using a credit card is one of the simplest ways to add money to your gambling budget. Just follow the easy steps below, and you’ll be ready to play slots not on Gamstop in no time.
- Choose a casino that accept credit cards from our list of recommended casinos.
- Create an account in your name by providing the requested personal and contact information.
- Verify your email address or phone number if necessary and log into your new casino account.
- Go to the Cashier section of the website and click on the Deposit tab.
- From the list of available payment methods, choose a credit card.
- Enter the amount you would like to deposit, your credit card number, your CVV2 code from the back of your card, and other necessary banking information.
- Confirm the transaction via email or SMS.
- Your funds should become available immediately, and you can start playing casino games.
Making Casino Withdrawals Using Credit Cards
Once you’re ready to cash in on your casino winnings, credit cards can help you do so in a few straightforward steps. Here is what you need to do to withdraw your money:
- Log into your casino account and open the Cashier section.
- Click on the Withdraw tab and opt for a credit card as the preferred payout method.
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw and your card details (card number, expiry date, CVC2 code, full name, etc.)
- Confirm the transaction.
Pros and Cons of Gambling Sites That Accept Credit Cards UK
UK players love using credit cards in online casinos because of the many benefits they come with. However, this payment method also comes with a few downsides we mustn’t overlook. Let’s take a closer look at the most prominent pros and cons of online casinos that accept credit cards UK.
Credit Card Casino Advantages
- Easy and instant deposits — As we’ve seen, making deposits in a credit card casino is a fast and straightforward process. Just follow a few straightforward steps, confirm the transaction, and the money will be in your casino account in no time.
- Cash advance — Slots that accept credit cards offer a unique benefit — this payment method allows you to fund your casino account now and pay later. If you’re careful about managing your finances, this feature could give you a lot of freedom.
- Safety and security — Credit cards are one of the safest banking options for making online payments. This is because they utilize two-factor authentication and special encryption protocols that protect your transactions and prevent fraud and data theft.
- Liberal or non-existent verification — Many credit card casinos are also no-verification operators that don’t make their players go through bothersome KYC procedures. This allows for smoother registration and faster money transactions.
- No UKGC restrictions — Online casinos that accept credit cards UK are offshore gambling websites that don’t fall under the jurisdiction of the UKGC. As such, they don’t impose the same restrictions the Commission does so that players can enjoy more freedom while gambling.
Credit Card Casino Disadvantages
- Withdrawals can take multiple days — Unfortunately, credit cards are not among the fastest casino payout methods. After the operator approves your withdrawal request, you may need to wait up to five or six days until you see the money in your account.
- Credit card debt can accumulate — Credit cards are great as they allow you to bet now and pay later, but if you don’t monitor your casino expenses, they can accumulate quickly and lead you into debt.
- You may have to pay interest — This downside ties into the one mentioned above — if you don’t pay off your credit card debt in due time, you may have to pay higher interest rates and end up owing more money than originally intended.