The UK online gambling industry is among the most regulated ones in the entire world. The Gambling Commission of Great Britain strictly controls the whole market by overseeing its licensees. Consequently, online casino operators must keep their products within the bounds of the gambling laws, which doesn’t always sit well with the ever-evolving needs of UK players.
This has led to the growth of independent online casinos — platforms not constrained by strict UK gambling regulations. Typically, these are non UK casinos that offer plenty of exciting gaming options. Thanks to the additional freedom they provide, these websites are slowly but surely gaining momentum and garnering more attention.
Therefore, if you’re searching for an immersive gaming experience and the best casino bonus 2023, you’re in the right place. We’ve created a guide to help you understand how independent casinos UK operate and what you can expect to find on such sites. Let’s get started.
Top New Independent Casino Sites
UK players have access to an abundance of both established and brand new independent casino sites. However, having such a large number of options might get overwhelming at some point, especially to inexperienced players.
That’s exactly why we’re here — to introduce our readers to the best independent gambling platforms. Most of these operators are non Gamstop casinos catering to UK gaming enthusiasts. They host unique games, massive bonuses, and other products that take the gambling adventure to a new level.
Since the UK market is swarming with independent casino sites, we’ve made it our mission to identify the top-performing ones. We’ve tested, reviewed, and assessed different operators, creating a lineup of the most reputable options. If anyone needs help deciding, these detailed best casino site reviews may come in handy.
Below is a rundown of the creme de la creme of UK independent online casinos:
What Is the Definition of an Independent Online Casino?
Simply put, an independent online casino is a gambling platform that hasn’t obtained its licence from the Gambling Commission of Great Britain. Instead, these operators run on their own platforms and still have the approval of the global gambling community.
Additionally, by not being controlled by the UKGC, independent sites automatically aren’t part of the Gamstop programme. This is one of the main reasons UK players are more interested in this type of online casinos.
New independent casino sites offer a bounty of games and slots not on Gamstop, rewarding bonuses and promotions for new and regular customers, and plenty of unique features. Overall, players can enjoy a user-centric experience packed with exciting gaming options and prizes.
How We Rank Independent Casinos UK
We want our readers to have a top-of-the-line gaming adventure, which is why we thoroughly review all independent casino UK platforms and ensure they meet our standards. Naturally, only those that make the cut are featured on our list.
A casino site needs to excel in the following areas to be taken into consideration:
- Licensing and security — Just because a site doesn’t have a UKGC licence doesn’t mean we’ll accept it immediately. On the contrary — it still needs to have specific approval and employ advanced security measures and SSL encryption protocols.
- Bonuses and promotions — Players should have access to an enticing bonus offer to kickstart their adventure. Existing members also need regular boosts to keep them interested and give them more opportunities to win.
- Games and software — Independent online casinos are known for having a broader game lobby than regular operators. That’s why we always look into the available casino games not on Gamstop and their variety (slots, table games, jackpots, live dealer titles). We also check whether they use software from industry-leading developer companies.
- Payment options — Casinos should host an array of secure banking methods that allow smooth and secure transactions. Debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, and mobile payments are just some of the choices available to UK players.
- Customer support — Casino members, must have efficient and responsive customer support at their disposal. Common communication channels include live chat, email, and phone, while a comprehensive FAQ section is always a plus.
- Device compatibility — A growing number of players enjoy playing their favourite games on the go. That’s why an independent operator needs to have a mobile-friendly platform, which allows customers to access it via smartphones and tablets.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Independent Casinos
If you’re thinking about signing up for an independent online casino, you should know what to expect. The following paragraphs will introduce you to the pros and cons of playing on such gambling websites:
The advantages of playing in independent online casinos are:
- More flexibility — With fewer restrictions, independent casinos UK have a more diverse offer and exciting features that appeal to the players.
- Larger bonus offers — UKGC regulations make it impossible for licensed operators to promote big bonuses. That is why independent sites are a better option.
- No limits — These types of casinos typically don’t impose limits on betting amounts, which is why they are popular among high rollers.
- Fair gameplay — All casinos on this page regularly test their games to create a fair environment for their members.
Some downsides of using such platforms include:
- No UKGC safety net — Should something go wrong, you won’t be able to rely on UKGC to help you out.
- Not related to any self-exclusion programme — These sites avoid Gamstop and other schemes, which is why problem gamblers often opt for them.