The Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) is one of the most trusted gaming control boards globally, in charge of issuing licences and regulating online and land-based casinos.
You can be confident that all non UK casinos you find with MGA’s seal of approval are properly regulated, and therefore safe for playing. More importantly, casinos with an MGA licence are not obligated to participate in Gamstop’s exclusion scheme. So, we’ll share some of the best Malta casinos not on Gamstop and talk about how we rate them.
Top Malta Online Casinos Without Gamstop
There are numerous casinos in Malta that have been licensed by the MGA, but, in our opinion, only a handful of them are worth your time and money. After days of research, we concluded that the following brands are the best to come out of Malta while at the same time not being tied with Gamstop.
How Are Malta Online Casinos Regulated
MGA has a very detailed and strict regulatory framework, which is why it has one of the most respected licences in the iGaming industry. Every brand that wants to obtain this licence needs to meet a set of requirements and licence grant criteria, which is explained in great detail on MGA’s official website.
However, unlike UKGC, MGA doesn’t require operators to be part of the Gamstop exclusion programme, which is why you’ll find plenty of Malta casinos not on Gamstop. In other words, by registering with these Malta online casinos, you’ll escape the clutches of Gamstop while fully enjoying safe and regulated gambling.
How We Rate Online Casinos in Malta
As we explained earlier, all MGA casinos are safe and regulated, but not all of them present a good choice for players. That’s why we established our own criteria for rating these sites to separate the wheat from the chaff and create the ultimate MGA casino toplist.
Here are some of the things we looked into when doing our investigation:
- No exclusion programmes — Even though MGA casinos don’t need to be on Gamstop, some choose to. Still, we disregarded these casinos right away, together with those that are part of some other exclusion programmes.
- Great games — All of our recommended casinos feature some of the best games not on Gamstop, including blockbuster video slots, popular table games, live dealer games, and more.
- Rewarding bonuses — If you’re looking for the best casino bonus 2023, you’ll likely find it at one of our Malta casinos online. These operators have some of the largest welcome deposit bonuses and free spins and offer many other promotions for regular customers.
- Safe and convenient payment methods — Since none of these operators are licensed by the UKGC, they fall in the group of credit card online casinos. The UKGC recently banned credit cards from their websites, but MGA has no such rule in place. Meanwhile, you can find many other trusted and easy-to-use banking options on top MGA casino sites.
- Mobile compatibility — We like when a casino has a great-looking mobile website, or even better — a native mobile app. This is especially useful for players who prefer playing their favourite games on the go and those looking for a pay by mobile casino not on Gamstop.
Alternatives to MGA Casinos
Of course, MGA is not the only trusted gambling control board worldwide, as there are multiple other organisations whose seal of approval suggests safety and legitimacy. These include:
- UKGC — This is the most reputable gambling authority in the industry. Regrettably, all the sites with a UKGC licence are interlinked with Gamstop.
- Curacao — Many operators who want to escape European regulators’ strict rules opt for a Curacao licence.
- Panama — Panama is another well-known offshore casino safe haven, having licensed hundreds of great casino sites.
We hope you found this article useful for choosing one of the top-rated Malta casino sites from our list. If you wish to learn more about these and many other great online casinos, please refer to our detailed UK casino reviews.