If you are a gambling fan based in Sweden, you’ve probably encountered restrictions the Swedish regulatory body places on the country’s casinos. The deposit limits, the one-bonus-per-player policy and the 3-second interval between spins are just some limitations that negatively affect the gambling experience.
You may have also signed up with Spelpaus and found it difficult to get around it and start playing again if you felt in control of your gambling habits. Luckily, there is a way around these hurdles.
Today, we’ll talk about Swedish casinos without a local license that offer much more freedom and let you have complete control over when and how you play. Keep reading!
Swedish Casinos Without Spelinspektionen License
To introduce only the highest-quality gambling content, our team of experts has done thorough reviews of independent online casinos that accept Swedish players. We’ve assessed these operators based on safety, licencing and regulation, game selection, bonus offers, and more. Below, you can see the list of our top picks in the category of casinos without Swedish license.
Why Play at Swedish Unlicensed Casinos
While you can never go wrong if you choose a licensed gambling website, especially in terms of safety and security, it doesn’t mean you should avoid unlicensed casinos. What’s more, Swedish casinos without license often attract more players due to the many benefits compared to the regulation-bound Swedish casinos. Let’s take a look at some of the most notable advantages of these operators.
- Looser deposit limits — If you’ve ever played in a Swedish casino, you know that these websites don’t allow large deposits. Spelinspektionen, the official Swedish regulatory body, mandates a low deposit limit to prevent problem gambling. On the other hand, offshore casinos impose no such restrictions, letting their players have more control over their budgets. This is especially important to high-stakes players, for whom the Spelinspektionen rules are particularly stifling.
- Greater variety of bonuses — Another limiting rule the Swedish regulatory body forces on its licensees is allowing only one bonus per player. This usually means that Swedish players can claim just the welcome bonus. In contrast, the best European casinos accepting Swedish players don’t have to follow these directives. As a result, they can offer multiple promotions, including reload bonuses, VIP and loyalty programmes, free spins, no deposit bonus Sweden, and much more.
- Credit cards for casino transactions — For a Swedish gambling website to obtain or renew its Spelinspektionen operating license, it mustn’t offer credit card payments as banking options to its customers. This is not the case with Curacao casinos online and other non-Swedish operators, as they enable the use of credit cards and other safe and convenient payment methods for casino transactions.
- Bypass Spelpaus — Players who’ve inadvertently signed up to Spelpaus, the Swedish self-exclusion service, can’t access their casino online Sweden accounts or create new ones until their self-exclusion period expires. As Swedish casinos without license don’t have to join the Spelpaus programme, they can accept the players who’ve regained control over their gambling habits and provide the same freedom UK players have when they play casino games not on Gamstop.
- No 3-second rule for slot spins — As a measure to minimise compulsive gambling, the Swedish regulatory agency has introduced a rule stating that there must be a 3-second interval between two consecutive spins on slot games. Luckily, casinos without Swedish license trust the players’ good judgement, so they don’t lumber them with this requirement.
- No sharing of sensitive information — To create an account in a casino Swedish, customers have to provide their Bank ID or their National ID number as a form of identification. Non-Swedish casinos, on the other hand, often allow their potential customers to register anonymously or require that they share minimal personal information, letting you avoid the risk of exposing your sensitive data to unauthorised access.
What Is Spelinspektionen
Spelinspektionen is a Swedish gambling inspectorate and the official licencing and regulatory body for all gambling activities in the country. It performs the same function as the United Kingdom Gambling Commission does in the UK, securing a safe gambling environment and providing a framework for resolving any disputes Swedish players might have with gambling operators.
To achieve its goals in regulating the market and helping prevent problem gambling, Spelinspektionen has implemented some strict rules. These include greater deposit limits, credit card bans, 3-second rules for slot spins, government ID verification, the one-bonus-per-player rule, and more.
While these measures can certainly help players with gambling issues, they can also make the gambling experience less enjoyable. Therefore, there has been an increasing demand among responsible gamblers for the best online casino in Sweden that’s not under the jurisdiction of Spelinspektionen. Similar to UK players looking for non UK casinos, these customers want more freedom and access to more generous offers.
What Is Spelpaus
Spelpaus is a Swedish equivalent of GamStop, the British self-exclusion service. Like its UK counterpart, Spelpaus makes it possible for players who notice signs of problem gambling to sign up with it and exclude themselves from all online casinos licensed by Spelinspektionen.
This is possible because Spelinspektionen mandates that all Swedish casinos sign up with Spelpaus, enabling them to deactivate your accounts on all of these websites and prevent you from creating new ones.
This is undoubtedly a necessary and very effective initiative that curbs problems gambling. Still, it can render the players unable to access their accounts for months, even if they resolve their issues. For this reason, many Swedish gamblers are looking for alternatives similar to slots not on Gamstop for UK players.
How to Get Around Spelpaus
Once you create an account on Spelpaus and choose the duration of your self-exclusion period, your accounts become locked, and you cannot go back to gambling until this period expires.
Fortunately, casinos that accept Swedish players, just like non GamStop casinos, don’t fall under the jurisdiction of any all-encompassing self-exclusion programmes. These websites are casinos without Swedish license that let you bypass Spelpaus and play casino games whenever you feel ready.
Are non Spelinspektionen Casinos safe?
Yes, Swedish casinos without license are absolutely safe and secure. While you can always run into some rogue gambling operators, you won’t have anything to worry about as long as you choose any casino from our list.
Our best casino sites reviews ensure that the operators we recommend are properly licensed and regulated, even if they don’t possess a Spelinspektionen license. These casinos usually have an MGA or a Curacao gambling license, making them a reliable choice for our readers.
Disadvantages of Non Spelpaus Casinos
Casinos without Swedish license can provide many benefits for Swedish players, but we mustn’t disregard the other side of the coin. Here are some of the downsides of playing casino games on these websites:
- No guarantee that they accept SEK — While many American online casinos and other offshore operators may accept Swedish players, not all accept SEK for casino transactions. Therefore, before joining a Swedish casino without license, read the payment terms carefully, lest there be some conversion fees.
- No overarching self-exclusion programme — The lack of an overarching self-exclusion service can be a good thing as it gives access to multiple gambling operators. However, you’ll have to do so on each of these websites separately if you ever want to self-exclude.
- May not offer support in Swedish — You may run into non Spelpaus casinos that provide customer support service in English and several other languages, but not in Swedish. These websites accept players from multiple countries, so they don’t specialise in the Swedish market.
- Complicated dispute resolution — One of the major advantages of Spelinspektionen is that it serves as the mediator between players and casinos, helping to solve any disputes that may arise. This process can become cumbersome in unlicensed Swedish casinos, as disputes tend to take more time.
We hope that today’s article has answered any questions you might have had about casinos without Swedish license. Suppose you find yourself perplexed and constrained by the stifling regulations imposed by Spelinspektionen and Spelpaus. In that case, the casinos from our list can provide you with a safe and reliable gambling environment that offers much more freedom and greater perks. You might even be able to claim the best casino bonus in the market!